These can, like all of my arrangements, be played as a duet or trio for violins. However, in this series of harmony parts, the lowest part is written with cello or viola in mind, so it can be played on various instrument combinations that include viola or cello. (The third part is also included in treble clef up an octave, so it can also be played by a violinist.)
NEW: I've now added bonus scores with an extra part, so they can be played by a string quartet.
You'll get three trio scores and three quartet scores for each piece included in this download:
* Two violins and cello (with cello in bass clef)
* Two violins and viola (with viola in alto clef)
* Violin trio
* String quartet (2 violins, viola, cello)
* Three violins and cello
* Three violins and viola
All the scores also include chords for an accompanist (e.g. piano, guitar), and individual instrument parts.
Not all parts have to be played at once - the harmonies can be used as duets, so it works fine as a violin and cello duet, violin and viola duet, or fiddle duet.
I've made two full recordings for each tune - one with the lowest part in the cello register, one in the violin register. I play the tune three times in both versions - once with the 2nd part, once with the bass part, and then once with all three parts together.
Also included are "practise mixes", which are audio tracks for each harmony part with the tune turned down and the harmony part turned up louder, to help with learning and memorising the harmonies.
* there are no recordings of the quartet versions - these scores were added more recently, as a bonus item. Hopefully the trio recordings will give you an idea of how they sound as quartets.
* the piano parts that you can hear in the recordings are for the purpose of demonstrating the chord symbols that are included on the scores. There are no scored piano parts included in the sheet music.
I have lots more harmony arrangements of traditional and some of my own tunes - see www.georgianettleton.com/celtic-sheet-music.php
for a full list. You can buy them as individual pieces, or as multipacks like this one. All the pieces included in this multipack are also available as individual downloads for £1.50 each.
***Please note that Bandcamp is primarily a platform for selling recorded music -- so you will receive some audio recordings with this download, but the PDF scores are always automatically included as a free extra***
If you only want the PDF files without the recordings, you can get a pdf-only version which uses a simpler download system at: payhip.com/b/nN3d